Insurance for Arts, Entertainment and Recreation

Insure your Business As Fast As You Can Click

Get customisable insurance to meet your needs.

Compare free quotes

Buy online, no paperwork

Get instant cover


Why do Arts, Entertainment and Recreation organisations need insurance?

While you are allowing people to relax and be active, we will actively help you find insurance for your organisation. Bi-me can provide you with multiple competitive quotes from some of South Africa’s leading insurers within minutes.


What should I consider before purchasing insurance for my Arts, Entertainment and Recreation business?

Protecting your business from unexpected events and challenges is where business insurance comes into play – providing cover for your business when you need it most for things like theft, damage to contents and public liability claims.

Fundamental insurance For Arts, Entertainment and Recreation


Electronic Equipment

Electronic Equipment is important as many arts, entertainment and recreation organisations depend upon a full range of equipment which includes computer-based cash registers integrated with point-of-sale (POS) management systems, refrigeration systems, air conditioning, and commercial grade sound systems.

These high value items usually need to be specifically included in your business insurance policy to protect you in case of accidental damage due to flood, fire, snow, hail, wind, impact, explosion, subsidence, as well as theft and damage caused by power surges or power dips.

Learn More

Public Liability

Public Liability protects against the many possible accidents that could happen in arts, entertainment and recreation organisations.  You should consider protecting your organisation with Public Liability insurance.

This cover is designed to provide protection for you and your business in the event that a customer, supplier or a member of the public is injured or sustains property damage as a result of your negligent business activities. A lawsuit could easily bankrupt your organisation if you’re not adequately covered.

Learn More


Theft is one of the most common claims that arts, entertainment and recreation organisations have. With so many people coming and going, your organisation might be the victim of theft or fraud from outside of your organisation, or sometimes one of your employees may steal from you and you’ll need Employee Dishonesty cover.

Learn More

Regularly selected insurance for Arts, Entertainment and Recreation



Buildings are usually one of the most important assets for arts, entertainment and recreation organisations. This can protect your organisation when your buildings are damaged due to fire, storm, earthquake, wind and more. You may also want to cover the Contents of your buildings (office equipment, machines and stock).

Learn More

Business Interruption

Business Interruption is important for the continuity of any organisation. What happens if there are floods, fires and other events that prevent your organisation from operating? You still need to to pay employees, electricity bills and more.

This type of insurance covers you for financial loss as a result of an interruption to your business caused by one of the insured events (e.g. fire). There is also an option that can cover you in case you are prevented from accessing your premises.

Learn More

Portable Possessions

Portable Possessions which are industry-specific allow you to do what you do best. This cover provides protection for various items. They are a key part of your business, and without them you won’t be able to help your members, patrons and customers.

You can protect your business by getting cover for your portable possessions in the event that they break, get lost or are stolen.

Learn More


Money insurance covers any loss of, or damage to, money that your organisation might experience. Arts, entertainment and recreation organisations are always at risk of having cash stolen.

Learn More

Getting the right insurance for your Arts, Entertainment and Recreation organisation

Your arts, entertainment and recreation organisation is unique, having its own risks and insurance needs. Bi-me gives you access to multiple quotes to compare with some of South Africa’s top insurers, so you can choose the right cover to suit your business. 

Our friendly team is only a phone call or a few clicks away to assist with getting your business covered in minutes. 


Did you know?

Many sports clubs’ constitutions include the requirement for the club to have insurance – to protect the club from going bankrupt due to an unforeseen event.

Could this happen to my business?

Swinging blues

The old swings at a sports club broke while a child was playing on them, and the child required an ambulance and medical care. The family was paid out R50 000 for the treatment.

Theatre thieves

Thieves broke into a small theatre and forced the manager to give them the contents of the safe, which included all of the cash ticket sales of the day.