We, Bi-me (Pty) Limited (“Bi-me” “We”, “Us” and “Our”) and our partners value and respect the importance of protecting personal information.
By using and/or accessing the Website and/or Services You expressly consent to Us collecting and processing the personal information which You provide to Us. Any personal information that You give to Us will be treated as confidential and sensitive information.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Bi-me (Pty) Limited, 15 Christopherson Road.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data or Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
For the purpose of this Policy, personal information is all information specific to You that is provided to Us by You, or otherwise received through, our Website, email, helpdesk or any other channel.
This information may include Your:
- Name and surname;
- Identity number;
- Email address;
- Contact number;
- Vehicle details, including details of its use and regular location;
- Insurance history (details of previous cover and claims); and
- Bank information;
- Password and username.
We may also collect and process data relating to Your visits to Our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Usage Data may also include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Usage of personal information/data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Disclosure of personal information/data
We will only disclose personal information to others where it is necessary to conduct Our business or is required by law, or as otherwise agreed with You. The instances when We would disclose the personal information obtained from You include:
- Transmitting Your personal information to Our partners as required to process a quotation for and/or administer the Services;
- Obtaining or verifying Your information with the National Traffic Information System (eNatis);
- As required by regulatory authorities or to comply with any regulation or legal process;
- Where Bi-me, acting in good faith, is of the view that disclosure is necessary to protect or defend Our rights or property, or those of its partners, clients, agents, employees or third party service providers; or
- Where Bi-me undergoes a change in ownership, for the sole purpose of the new owner being able to continue operating the business
- We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- We may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf for the purpose of marketing and analytics. Where your data is shared with third parties, we will seek to share the minimum amount necessary.
Bi-me will ensure that it has in place and continues to maintain appropriate and reasonable precautions and measures in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws to protect Your personal information from being unlawfully accessed or processed by any third party. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
You acknowledge and agree that the billing platform is hosted by a PCI DSS and POPI compliant third party, and You hereby consent to Your personal information being transferred and disclosed to Bi-me’s billing platform provider, solely for purposes of processing transactions made through this Website.
All personal information which You provide to Bi-me will be stored on servers in South Africa or in other locations where it is adequately protected. Should Bi-me transfer Your personal information from one country to another country, We shall take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect such personal information.
Bi-me will not sell your personal information to any party, or provide it to any party for their marketing/advertisements.
Your personal information may be used by Bi-me to provide you with offers for our service which may be relevant to you. At any point you may choose to completely opt out of your information being used for this purpose.
When You visit the Website or send emails to Us, You consent to receiving communications from us electronically in accordance with this Policy.
Revoking consent and/or request deletion of the user’s data
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If you have an active insurance contract, we have to maintain your details in order to administer said policy;
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time and You agree to review the terms of this Policy whenever You visit the Website to check for any such amendments.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.